Your Basket

Order today for delivery on


Shirataki Jozen Mizuno Gotoshi Junmai Ginjo

  • 72cl
  • ABV 14.5%
  • Stock Number 31D2166
  • In stock

In stock

- +

This Mizuno Gotoshi sake is a dry, light sake which is very crisp and clean – despite being sake it’s not far off influences of a dry white wine. Mizuno Gotoshi translates to “The best things are like water” and this sake is very smooth and palatable. This style of sake is amazingly versatile and pairs well with almost any dish; seafood, poultry and meat. Try this one as an ideal introduction to the world of premium sake.

This sake can be served chilled or at room temperature.

The Junmai Ginjo style of this sake means that it has no added brewer’s alcohol. Junmai Ginjo sake is made using nothing but rice, koji, water and yeast. The rice polishing ratio for Ginjo sake must take away at least 40% of the kernel leaving no more than 60% of the rice for brewing.

Sake Meter Value (SMV), or in Japanese the Nihonshudo, is used for measuring the density of sake compared to water. The higher the positive number, the drier the sake becomes, and the lower the negative number, the sweeter the sake gets. Together with the SMV, acidity level is used to determine the characteristics of each sake. The higher the number the richer the sake becomes, and the lower the number the lighter

For the newbies, the lower the % of polish on the rice the better the sake, so this one means that only 50% of the rice grain remains after milling to brew the sake – the smaller the rice means the finer sake. It takes longer to get the rice down to 50% of the original rice kernel so that’s where the premium bit comes in; we’re talking up to 50 days of milling and polishing rice kernels to get them to this pure and premium state.

SMV +5
Acidity 1.3


send this product as a gift

Add a free gift message and view gift box options on the basket page. Just click "ADD A GIFT MESSAGE" before you checkout to personalise your gift.

Note that we do not include any invoice or price information with our deliveries. Don't worry, your gift recipient will not see any prices.



Place your order before 4pm Monday to Friday and your drinks will be with you the next working day for just £5.95. PLEASE SEE DELIVERY PAGE FOR OUTLYING EXCEPTIONS TO NEXT DAY DELIVERY FOR SOME POSTAL CODES WHERE NEXT DAY DELIVERY IS NOT GUARANTEED.

Please note that we are currently unable to deliver to Channel Island addresses .

Spend over £100 on your order and Next Day Standard delivery is free.


  • - Next Day Standard (delivery any time before 6pm): £5.95

    We also offer 'timed delivery window' prices when you need to book a more precise time for your order to arrive:

  • - Next Day Before 12:00 Noon: £9.95
  • - Next Day After 12:00 Noon: £10.75
  • - Next Day Before 10:00 am: £11.95
  • - Next Day Before 9:00 am: £15.95

    Order by 4pm on Friday and we’ll have your drinks with you on Saturday; see above for prices for timed delivery on Saturdays.

    Note that any orders placed after 4pm on a Friday will be delivered 'Next Day' on the Tuesday as standard.

    Don't need it right away? You can choose a nominated delivery date in the future at checkout.

    Channel Islands not available for delivery

    Sorry, but we are unable to deliver to Channel Island addresses (any post codes starting with JE ).