The Piña Colada, a truly 1950’s recipe. Whilst created in Puerto Rico, I always picture Frank Sinatra and the rest of the Rat Pack lounging around a pool in Miami drinking Piña Coladas.
Looks are just as important as taste when it comes to the Piña Colada, and the coconut aroma will lead you off to a faraway beach.
- 2 measures Gold Rum
- 3 measures pressed pineapple juice
- 2 measures coconut cream
- ½ measure double cream
- Pineapple wedge and cherry to garnish
How to serve it
- Blend all ingredients with a scoop of crushed ice.
- Pour into a Hurricane glass.
- Garnish with a pineapple wedge and cherry.