A fruitful take on the traditional Martini, the combination of pineapple and raspberry liqueur results in a zingy and refreshing drink.
The French Martini is a contemporary cocktail, popular in sophisticated bars and clubs and enjoyed worldwide. Named after the key ingredient of French raspberry liqueur, and the iconic glass it is served in, the French Martini is believed to have been invented in the 1980s in New York, making its way to London during the cocktail renaissance in the late 80s and 1990s. Its fruity flavours make it an extremely easy-to drink cocktail and with just three ingredients, easy to mix up at home too.
- 2 measures Vodka
- 1 ¾ measures pressed pineapple juice
- ¼ measure Black Raspberry Liqueur
- Pineapple wedge to garnish
How to serve it
- In a mixing glass, add all the ingredients.
- Add plenty of ice and shake.
- Fine strain into a chilled Martini glass.
- Garnish with a pineapple wedge on the rim.