I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of making Mojitos. The trick is to bruise the mint leaves just enough to release their fragrant oils but be careful not to overdo it or the flavour can overpower the entire drink. If you don’t have a muddler, gently crush the leaves in your hands.
Havana, Cuba can lay claim to being the home of the Mojito, which remains one of the most mixed cocktails out there.
Take a couple of minutes to watch Joe mix this deliciously refreshing Rum based cocktail.
How to serve it
- In the base of a Collins glass, gently muddle the mint leaves.
- Add the sugar syrup, lime juice, Rum and half fill the glass with ice.
- Stir, then fill with more ice and stir again.
- Finally top with soda water, stir.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint.