Here are our top tricks for wine...
1. Need to cool wine fast? Wrap it in wet paper towels, whack it in the freezer and leave it for a few minutes - 10 mins would be ideal. Voilà! Perfectly chilled wine. The water in the towels starts to freeze, making a more direct contact between the bottle and the cold, cooling the bottle more quickly than the air alone.
2. Another 'cool' idea: Freeze grapes and keep them in the freezer. Use them instead of ice cubes to chill wine (or any other drink for that matter) without diluting it.
3. Taking wine on a trip? Put bottles in socks to transport them safely. The thicker the sock, the better.
4. Not posh enough to own a decanter? Try whizzing wine in a blender for 30 seconds, then leave to settle - the wine will be aerated and in optimum condition to taste. This improves the flavour of any wine. If you have got an expensive unfiltered wine, simply pour it gently into the blender, leaving any residue in the bottle.
5. Don't cry over spilt wine! If you've got a wine stain that's still wet, soak it in milk. The colour particles are disolvable in milk and the stain will be gone in an hour.
6. Avert disaster! If you don't have a corkscrew or your corkscrew just broke off in the damn cork, use this genius method to get inside your wine:
Do you have any clever wine hacks we haven't featured? Let us know in 'Comments' below.