HEY THERE, LOVEBIRDS
Cards are nice, and flowers, well they’re just fine...
But the true way to someone’s heart?
Something to sip.
We all know the famous saying, “Roses are Red, Violets are Blue”… but vodka is cheaper than dinner for two. So this year, forget hearts, the symbol of choice for Valentine’s day is very much bottle-shaped.
Discover the best gifts for her, gifts for him and if you’re single; for yourself.
Because either way, February 14th and booze is very much a match made in heaven...
Whilst there's nothing more clichéd than pink drinks for Valentine's, if she's happiest sipping a pink gin spritz, cosmo or glass of pink Champagne, then get her a gift you know she'll love.
1. Edgerton Pink Gin, £29.95
2. Lanique Rose Liqueur, £27.95
3. Bloom Gin & Fentimans Rose Lemonade, £2.95
4. Edinburgh Gin Rhubarb & Ginger Liqueur, £16.95
5. Laurent Perrier Rosé Champagne Birdcage, £69.95
6. Warner Edwards Rhubarb Gin, £34.95
7. Williams Chase Rosé 2014 - Magnum, £28.95
If she likes her spirits neat, her beer cold from the bottle and her cocktails on the strong side, then perhaps best to pass on the pink bubbly and gift her something with a little more bite.
1. Monkey Shoulder Whisky, £24.95
2. Sipsmith Sipping Vodka, £27.95
3. Casamigos Blanco Tequila, £48.95
4. Wild Card Beer - King of Hearts, £2.50
5. The Duppy Share Rum, £29.95
6. Tincup American Whiskey, £24.95
For her, Valentine's is the one day she gets to drink Champagne, sip a pre-dinner aperitif, enjoy a cocktail or two AND polish off the chocolates you bought her, without feeling an ounce of guilt.
1. Hendrick’s Gin, £26.50
2. Moët & Chandon Impérial Rosé Champagne Mini, £12.25
3. Pimm’s No.1, £17.50
4. Chambord Gift Pack, £9.95
5. Luc Belaire Fantôme Rosé, £32.95
6. Perrier-Jouët Blason Rosé, £42.00
If he likes to look good no matter what he's doing, and takes pride in his trend-setting ways, then one of these good-looking, great-tasting tipples is sure to please.
1. Belvedere Vodka Silver Saber Bond 007 Magnum, £139.95
2. Mr Black Cold Press Coffee Liqueur £30.95
3. Don Papa 10 Year Old Rum, £49.95
4. Haig Club Whisky, £44.45
5. Nikka in Tube Gift Set, £35.95
6. East London Liquor Company Small Batch Vodka, £20.85
For the man who likes to try something new, these twists on tradition make excellent gifts - especially for those with thrill-seeking tendencies.
1. Black Cow Vodka, £27.95
2. Casa Dragones Tequila, £225.00
3. Ghost Vodka Gold, £29.95
4. Meteoro Mezcal, £47.95
5. Nikka from the Barrel 2 Glass Gift Pack, £52.95
6. Talisker 10 Whisky & Food Edition Gift Pack, £44.95
Whether a keen mixologist or new to the at-home cocktail-making scene, these spirits and barware make great gifts to ensure delicious cocktails.
1. Monkey 47 Dry Gin, £37.95
2. Jack Rudy Cocktail Co. Aromatic Bitters, £10.25
3. Crystal Head Vodka Shaker Set, £59.95
4. Copperhead Gin Alchemist Gift Pack, £59.95
5. Seneca Faceted Cocktail Shaker, £19.95
6. Shaken Cocktail Set: Claridge Cocktail & Elderflower Collins, £34.95
AND NOT FORGETTING...
Ladies, who needs a man when you’ve Jose (cuervo) Jack (daniels), and Jim (bean)? Treat yourself to a glass of the good stuff and toast to being single and fabulous.
And gents, pour yourself a drink, pull yourself together and be reminded that you don't need to make any compromises - after all, unlike a partner, a drink won't get jealous when you're finished with it and are ready for a new drink...
1.Moët & Chandon Rosé Black Unfurl Gift Tin, £41.95
2. Maker's Mark Bourbon with glass and ice ball, £29.95
3. Bathtub Gin, £29.95
4. Rubis Chocolate Wine, £9.95
5. Sauvelle Vodka, £34.95
6. Wines that Rock Rolling Stones Merlot 2012, £12.99